Friday, July 18, 2008

Amazing...

So I had to go to the dentist today in Bridgewater, which is about 20 miles or so from summer school. The gas tank was getting down to about a quarter tank or so and I thought that I'd have to get gas on the way back from the dentist. On the way to the dentist, the light came on and I was thinking that I'd have to get gas sooner than I wanted to, which would have been at Costco, where I was headed after the dentist. When I got back in the car, I was just hoping to get to a gas station, but the indicator pushed back up past the E mark and so I gave it a shot, getting to Costco that is. So I made it there with seeming ease and did my shopping and saw that gas there was $3.86, which was cheap for our area. I headed over to the gas station and as I was doing the card thing, there was a woman on the other side talking on the phone about buying gas for what sounded like a ridiculously low price, so I looked. Guess what it was? $2.529!!!! Needless to say I hurried my little self up, feeling somewhat sheepish for buying gas at such a low price, but there was only a little guilt since the price is insane to start with. More sheepishly I stopped the manager-looking gentleman who was walking by and pointed out the price, while I was pumping the gas of course. He said, "Yeah, we're working on that. Consider it a present from Costco. Please don't call anyone." I said, "Thank you, we appreciate it!!" and mentioned that I wouldn't call anyone. Coincedence about the gas tank or little wonder? I choose to believe the latter. Computer errors aren't always a bad thing I guess...

No comments: